Quality Like Ours Doesn’t Happen Overnight!
Dover and Company was founded on July 3rd, 1936 by Wilfred C. (Bill) Dover. Dover & Company originally sold coal, mason supplies and feed. Our business began on West Second Street next to the C & O Railway, and in 1940 we moved to our present location on Hall Street.
The 1940′s brought change as Dover & Company began to sell and install garage doors in 1946. During the 50′s and 60′s Dover & Company emerged as the predominant mason supply and brick business in Genesee County.
During the 70′s, our garage door sales grew while the mason supply portion of our business began to decline. By 1981 the Door Department sales overtook the mason supply portion and has never relinquished its title. In 1992, we got out of the brick and masonry supply business. Today, 80% of our sales are for garage door or related products.
Dover & Company is the leader in garage door sales and services in Genesee County.
Wilfred C. Dover was the company’s General Partner from the time he founded it, until his retirement in 1967. His son, Wilfred Jack Dover, became the General Partner at that time, holding that position until 1994. In 1988 Jack Dover retired. His son, William J. Dover currently resides as the company’s Manager and General Partner.
Dover & Company continues to supply our customers with personal service and quality products and services. We are fully insured and all our employees are full time, professionally trained installers. We never hire sub-contractors or piece-workers. We own our own trucks and furnish all tools necessary for proper installation. We always offer free quotes and written estimates.